January 28, 2019
Submit your work to be included in a juried exhibition featuring only Foundations level work from the Appalachian State University’s Art Department. This exhibition will be held at The HOW Space, located on Howard St, in downtown Boone, NC from February 7–15, 2019. Closing Reception and awards ceremony on Friday, February 15, 2019.
- 1st Prize $150.00 merchandise from Cheap Joe’s
- 2nd Prize $100.00 Gift Certificate to Art Mart
- 3rd Prize $50.00 merchandise from Cheap Joe’s
Work must have been produced in one of three Foundations level courses at Appalachian State University: Foundations I, Foundations II, or Foundations Drawing during the 2017-2018, or 2018-2019 academic years. Students may submit a total of three works for consideration. Students whose work is accepted must assist with both installation and deinstallation of the exhibition.
- 1/31–2/1: Submissions accepted, HOW Space, 9:00am-2:00pm
- 2/5: Jurying, and notification of accepted works
- 2/6: Installation of work, and pick up of unaccepted works, 10:00am-2:00pm; 4:00pm-8:00pm
- 2/7: Exhibition opens
- 2/15: Closing Reception and Awards Ceremony, 5:30-7:30pm
- 2/16: Deinstall 10:00am-1:00pm
Emily Ward Bivens is an Associate Professor of 4D arts and Transmedia Design and the Director of Foundations at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She received her MFA from The University of Colorado, Boulder in 2004. She is a member of The Bridge Club, a four-member collaborative art and performance group established in 2004. Exhibitions and performances of Bivens’ individual and collaborative work have been shown extensively in festivals, museums, galleries and washaterias.