Foundations Juried Exhibition Call for Entries
October 2, 2019
Students, submit your work to be included in a juried exhibition featuring Foundations level work from the Art Department. The exhibition will be held at The Looking Glass Gallery in Plemmons Student Union from October 25 to November 13, 2019. A reception and awards ceremony will be held on Friday, November 8 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
Work must have been produced in one of the three Foundations level courses at Appalachian State University: Foundations I, Foundations II, or Foundations Drawing during the spring semester of 2018, the 2018–19 academic year, or fall 2019. Students may submit a total of three works for consideration. Students whose work is accepted must assist with installation and deinstallation of the exhibition.
- October 17 and 18 – Submissions will be accepted in the lobby of Wey Hall between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm
- October 23 – Notification of acceptance
- October 24 – Pickup of unaccepted works in Wey Hall lobby, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- October 24 and 25 – Installation of work. All accepted students must assist with installation and deinstallation
- November 8 – Closing Reception, 6:00–8:00 pm
- November 14 – Deinstallation
- 1st – $200.00 gift certificate to Cheap Joe’s
- 2nd – $100.00 gift certificate to Art Mart
- 3rd – $50.00 gift certificate to Cheap Joe’s